Women of the Dream, Inc. is a 501-C-3 organization that provides programs and services to girls and young women, ages 12-18, in underserved communities, and prepares them for personal, career, and economic success.
Our mission is to strengthen the leadership, power, and voices of girls from marginalized and underserved communities.
We envision a world in which all girls and young women, regardless of race, ethnicity, income level or social status, are nurtured and empowered to reach their fullest potential.
Girls and young women, ages 12-18, in Camden, NJ and other underserved communities.
School-Based Model. Coordination and provision of all services, programs, and activities occur through partnerships with schools. All school-based mentoring services are provided at schools during school hours.
Programs & Services
- Group Mentoring at school-based sites that focus on character education, positive self-identity, career and academic preparation, and other relevant topics.
- Workshops at school-based sites and through collaboration with other organizational entities covering socially and culturally relevant topics.
- Support groups at school-based sites that focus on strengthening coping skills.
- Access to opportunities – such as trips to museums, colleges, and other settings – that broaden their knowledge of themselves and the world.
- Participation in teen empowerment programs, STEM conferences, and workshops and leadership training promoting entrepreneurship, career and workforce readiness.
- Opportunities to network with successful women of color.